Sunday, May 24, 2009

Elm Street

Joy will turn 21 soon and we have been discussing her present for several months now. She talked about jumping from an airplane, we talked about taking a trip...then she finally decided...she wanted another tattoo. Not any tattoo, she wanted her entire upper arm area done. She had been looking as designs and searching for artists for quite a while, so when she told me what it was I knew she had thought it all out. She called the artist at Elm Street Tattoo, made the appointment and we made our date to tat!
We arrived around noon and Dean, the artist, was busy drawing her owl design. He took his time and sketched out a great design. An hour later he started and this was the beginning of a great tat.
He worked on her arm for over three hours, taking two breaks along the way. In fact, he "finished" twice before he really stopped. After about 2 hours, he stopped, wiped her down so she could bleed out and decided he was not done! He did this twice before he was satisfied. This man take his work seriously! Here he is working hard! Joy was staring at all the stuff in the room!
Voila! The finished product! I can't wait for the healing to be over and the colors to really show up. Note the lime green in the eyes...my idea!!! In fact, I think Dean added the green just to shut me up! Happy Birthday, Joy!! I love you!

No comments: